Biden transition received donations from George Soros, Hollywood celebrities
President Biden’s transition team raised more than $20 million, including donations from renowned business moguls and staples of the Hollywood celebrity circuit like George Soros, Laurene Powell Jobs, and Robert De Niro.
The president’s team spent nearly $24.4 million through mid-February, according to data disclosed on Monday by the General Services Administration, but Biden also raised an astounding $22.1 million from private donors.
Donald Trump, by contrast, raised $6.5 million and Barack Obama raised about $4 million.
Transitions are typically paid for by a combination of public and private funds. Acceptance of government support is conditional upon agreeing to disclose donations, which are capped at $5,000 per individual. Here’s a look at some of the major names who donated to Biden’s transition efforts:
- Left-wing billionaire George Soros ($5,000)
- DreamWorks cofounder Jeffrey Katzenberg: ($5,000)
- "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane ($5,000)
- Fmr. Virginia Gov. Terence McAuliffe ($5,000)
- Film producer Abigail Disney ($5,000)
- Billionaire heiress Laurene Powell Jobs ($5,000)
- Actress Sharon Stone ($5,000)
- Actress Patricia Arquette (5,000)
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio ($5,000)
- Famous investor James Chanos ($5,000)
- Actress Jennifer Aniston ($5,000)
- Actor Robert De Niro ($5,000)